Does anyone in your home have problem in hearing the conversation or ask you to increase the volume of the television? Then you need to immediately contact an audiologist. These licensed audiologists will suggest the appropriate hearing aid. There are many manufacturers available in the market, which produce different types of hearing aids with different features and technology, and you need to choose the perfect one according to the severity of your problem. As opposed to the traditional heavy hearing aids, the modern ones are sleek and trendy, and they do not mar your style, even if you wear them with the funkiest of clothes.
They can be customized as per your needs:
Invisible hearing aids are customized as per your ear canal and are deeply fit inside the canal so that it remains invisible, but boost the quality of sounds with its amazing features and functions. The best part of this kind of hearing aid is that, you can adjust the volume as per the sound levels in and around your vicinity with ease In fact, this invisible hearing aid is a breakthrough in the hearing technology. The demand and popularity of these kinds of hearing aids are increasing day by day in the market.
These aids are comfortable to wear:
Invisible hearing aids are highly comfortable, virtually invisible, and they allow you to reduce noise, adjust the volume, recognize the voice, and have intuitive sound processing. Ideally, many youngsters and children will feel embarrassed to wear the hearing aid, but the invisible hearing aid can be worn with high comfort and hear properly without being noticed by people.
Here are a few advantages of this invisible hearing aid
- Unparalleled discretion: Ideally, people who are suffering with hearing problem will face a lot of problems in understanding the conversation of the people around them. Since the hearing aid remains invisible, and the color gets adjusted to your skin color and texture, you feel no irritation even when you sweat, or when you make movements of your facial parts. The invisible hearing aid that is available in the market focuses more on your disability than on its visibility.
- Effective functionality: The noise reduction system and sound processing helps you to focus on the conversation keenly despite of other noises around you. This is highly comfortable to wear and do not make you feel that you are using a heavy device to hear the conversation.
- Highly compatible: This kind of hearing aid is perfect to plug into the ear of people who have hearing problems. If you are having a meeting or would like to listen to your favorite music, all you need to do is to adjust the hearing aid as per the listening environment and enjoy the music or conversion like a normal person without any disability. These are versatile, and are available in numerous designs, sizes and colors.
- Easy to connect: The wireless features in this device help you to connect to TV’s, music players, computer and mobile devices.
- Customized as per your ear canal: These hearing aids are customized as per your canal, thus giving a snug fit without the problem of it getting slipped from your ears. This is ideal to plug-in by all the patients with hearing problem.
- Highly comfortable: You do not feel any kind of irritation by wearing this device. You can plug this device into your ear canal for hours together with high comfort. In addition, this device comes in various shades.
These hearing aids are water-proof that you can wear them while swimming or taking a shower. So life becomes quite easy when instead of the dull hearing aids, you choose the new invisible hearing aids.
People may recognize the action of consuming an alcoholic beverage to “calm the nerves,” but people may not recognize the dangers of alcohol neuropathy. The generalized term, neuropathy is used to describe issues with the nerves. Alcohol neuropathy is more probable in those with alcoholism and can remain prevalent after an individual receives treatment for alcoholism.
Alcohol neuropathy occurs when a person drinks obsessively over a long period of time and the nerves become damaged. Once the nerves are damaged, they are then unable to transfer signals to other parts of the body.
The peripheral nervous system is the area mainly affected by alcohol neuropathy and controls the motor/sensory skills. This nervous system consists of:
- Nerves and ganglia
- Other portions of the brain
- The spinal cord
While the exact cause of alcohol neuropathy is unknown, there are two factors found to contribute to the development of it. The first factor is in the fact that alcohol poisons the nerves over time. The second factor contributing to the development of alcohol neuropathy is a vitamin and mineral deficiency from those who struggle with alcoholism.
Nearly half of all people who abuse alcohol heavily, end up with some form of neuropathy. It usually takes about 10 years of heavy alcohol abuse for an individual to develop alcohol neuropathy. However, treatment options are available for those in need.
Identifying the symptoms
Along with being a constant and heavy drinker, there are other symptoms to identify if an individual has alcohol neuropathy. The symptoms include:
- Numbness in the extremities
- Abnormal sensations
- Heat intolerance
- Impotence (may occur)
- Vomiting and nausea
- Muscle weakness
- Cramping, aches and spasms
In more severe cases, the damage branches to the autonomic nerves, which control internal body functions such as urinating and bowel movements. In the severe cases, people may experience incontinence, urinary leakage, feeling like the bladder isn’t completely emptied and difficulty starting urination.
People may not realize what they are experiencing, the symptoms generally start out mild and worsen as the alcohol abuse continues. The symptoms can greatly effect one’s quality of life and cause permanent damage to the body. A diagnosis of alcohol neuropathy will involve a vitamin blood analysis, electromyography (EMG) or a thyroid function test. From the diagnosis and testing, a medical professional can develop a treatment.
Possible treatment options
While treatment for alcohol neuropathy exists, it is much more effective when the condition is caught early on. Treatment for alcohol neuropathy consists of preventing injuries, managing symptoms and maximizing abilities.
Physicians strive for non-narcotic treatments, but often prescribe the lowest dosage of narcotics possible to help control the pain; reducing the risk of dependency. People receiving treatment for alcohol neuropathy may also attend physical therapy, while using splints and compression stockings. For those with bladder problems, diuretic may be used. In the severe cases, catheterization may be needed. Vitamin and mineral supplements can be administered to correct any underlying nutritional deficiencies and prevent further degeneration.
Even though most of the symptoms are treatable, patients with alcohol neuropathy do not always respond well to treatment. For these people, the issues of alcohol neuropathy may plague them for the duration of his or her life.
Drug detox centers with a program for alcoholics can treat the alcoholism early on in order to prevent neuropathy. These centers equip the patient with the skills necessary to continue a sober life after the treatment program.