Orthodontic Care is Essential in Various Dental Problems
Many people will, at some point in their lives, need orthodontic care. Unfortunately, your teeth can grow in crookedly or become crowded over time. When that happens, you will need the assistance of braces or Invisalign to help correct your dental issues. The best orthodontist offices will follow the lead of King Orthodontics and offer a variety of services to their patients. It’s important to know what to expect and why it’s so important to have orthodontic care.
When is Orthodontic Care Necessary?
There are several different situations in which orthodontic care is necessary. Most people automatically think of orthodontists when they have crooked teeth and require braces, but there is more to this type of care than that. The following oral health issues require orthodontic treatment:
• Crooked teeth
• Crowded teeth
• Overjet or protruding teeth
Orthodontic treatment can correct these problems and help your teeth to fit better, creating a better and more natural bite. It can also improve your smile, making it more beautiful.
Health Problems That Can Be Corrected with Orthodontic Care
When your teeth are misaligned due to crowding or crookedness, it can lead to a variety of other health problems. Getting the proper orthodontic treatment can help to prevent the following conditions:
• Tooth decay: Misaligned teeth can result in cavities if you are unable to properly use oral care.
• Gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontitis: You can suffer gum disease if you have difficulty getting dental floss in certain places to eliminate excess food particles. When stuck, food particles can lead to the buildup of plaque and bacteria.
• Gum inflammation: If bacteria develops in your gums because you are unable to practice good oral hygiene, it can lead to inflammation and bleeding of the gums.
• Bone and gum tissue loss: This occurs when you develop gum disease.
• Difficulty in properly chewing: When your teeth aren’t properly aligned, it can be hard to chew in the proper manner.
• Chronic headaches: When your bite is incorrect due to problems, it can result in headaches on a regular basis.
• Chipped teeth due to improper chewing or grinding of the teeth: If your bite is incorrect, you can inadvertently chip your teeth when you chew food, or even when your mouth is closed.
• Sleep and breathing problems: An improper alignment of the teeth can lead to breathing issues, which can have a negative effect on your sleep.
If you or your child suffer from any of these problems, it’s absolutely essential that you seek orthodontic treatment. It will help you in a variety of ways for the long term.
Image courtesy of patrisyu at FreeDigitalPhotos.net