It is important to know the nutritive values of apple to understand the health benefits of apple. Knowing the nutritive values of apple also makes it easier to for us to decide how much apple per day should we consume and how much is recommended daily by nutritionists and nutrition scientists and why.
The nutritive values of apple per 100 grams are given below:
- Calorie: 60 (approximately)
- Water: approximately 83 grams
- Protein: 0.2 gram
- Total fat: 0.35 gram
- Carbohydrates: approximately 14 grams
- Dietary fibers: 2.7 grams
- Vitamin A: 900 I.U. (international units)
- Vitamin B1: 0.07 mg
- Vitamin B2: 0.05 mg
- Niacin: 0.07 mg
- Pantothenic acid (B5): 0.06 mg
- Vitamin B6: 0.04 mg
- Folic acid: 2.8 mgs
- Vitamin B12: nil
- Vitamin C: 5.7 mgs
- Vitamin E: 0.32 mg
Apple is the most commonly eaten fruit in the world, as apple production is largest among all fruits in the world. There are several health benefits of apple. Apple is a health fruit (as most of the fruits are) with many benefits and apple has the following health benefits:
- Apple contains large quantities of vitamins and minerals, which can strengthen immune system of our body. Vitamins and minerals are the essential components of our immune system and they are also required in routine body function.
- Apple is very rich in antioxidants like, flavonoid, polyphenols etc. which are mainly present in the skin of apple. 100 gram of whole apple (including skin) can provide antioxidant which is equivalent to the antioxidant effect of 1500 mg of vitamin C. Antioxidants are the most effective fighter against development of cancer in humans.
- The tartaric acid and malic acid that are present in apple in high amount can help in preventing liver problems and digestion problems.
- Eating of at least one apple a day can help in controlling blood cholesterol level to normal limit. By keeping blood cholesterol level under control, apples can prevent many heart diseases from emerging and keep us healthy. Read more…